Here you find an easy step by step procedure to Submit Income Tax Return on FBR iris for Government & Private Employees. All Pakistani citizens, including employees should submit their income tax return on FBR. Moreover, according to government instructions, it’s now must for government employees.
Who have to submit Income Tax Return?
All those employees have to submit their income tax return, whose salary is more than Rs. 400,000 per annum or Rs. 33,333 per month. Although, in future, for the period of July 2019 to June 2020, the taxable amount will be Rs. 600,000 per annum or Rs. 50,000. Therefore, there will be no tax on less than Rs. 50,000 income/salary.
Remember, in Government sector, deduction of tax is automatic. You can check details of tax deduction on your monthly salary slip.
Do You Know? You can receive your monthly salary slip via email? For complete detailed step by step easy procedure, Click Here.
Submit Income Tax Return on FBR iris for Government & Private Employees
Now let’s know How to Submit Income Tax Return on FBR iris. Go through following easy steps to submit your income tax return easily.
Step-1 Login to Iris Web Portal
Open the FBR Iris Portal URL: https://iris.fbr.gov.pk/, a login screen will be displayed. (as shown in the picture below)
1. Enter your Registration No/CNIC No in “Registration No” field.
2. Enter your Password (received on email & mobile number, during registration).
3. Click the Login button.
After successful login, following Iris Dashboard Screen shall appear. (as shown in the picture below)
Step-2 Open Income Tax Return Declaration Form
1. Click Declaration tab on the top left section of the Mega Menu available on Iris dashboard. (as shown in the picture below)
2. In Declaration tab, under Forms section, select “114 (1) (Return of Income for a person deriving income only from salary & other sources, where salary is more than 50% of income)” (as shown in the picture below).
3. Following screen appears, click on “Period” button.
4. When you click “Period” button, following dialogue appears.
5. Enter the relevant tax period for which you want to file the declaration i.e. “2018” in Tax Period field and click on search icon.
6. Click “Select” against the available tax period.
7. System shall open the Income Tax Return declaration form, you can enter the relevant information in input fields.
Step-3 Fill Income Tax Return Form
3-A Employment Details
1. Click Salary option under the Employment menu.
2. Enter your annual income in lieu of salary in Total Amount field.
3. In case your salary includes amount that is exempted from tax, mention that amount in the “Amount Exempt from Tax” field.
4. Click on Calculate button on the top right corner of the form.
3-B Other Sources
1. If you have income from any other sources, click Other Sources menu.
2. Click Receipts / Deductions option under the Other Sources menu as shown below:
3. Enter your amount of receipts or deductions against the relevant field under Total Amount column.
4. Click on Calculate button on the top right corner of the form.
3-C Adjustable Tax
On Adjustable Tax screen you may fill the details of the taxes that have been already deducted/charged to you during the tax year.
1. Navigate & expand Tax Chargeable / Payments menu & then click on Adjustable Tax. You’ll see the following screen.
2. Enter the amount of tax deducted from your salary during the tax year.
★Federal government employee, enter tax amount against code 64020001.
★Provincial government employee, enter tax amount against 64020002.
★Corporate sector employee, enter tax amount against 64020003.
★Other employees, enter tax amount against 64020004.
Federal Employee Code 64020001, Provincial Employee Code 64020002, Corporate Employee Code 64020003, Other Employee Code 64020004
3. In case you want to adjust the tax deducted by your bank on these sections:
★Withdrawing cash from bank against 64100101,
★Certain banking transaction against 64100201,
★Banking transactions otherwise than through cash against 64151501 in investment dialogue.
☆Click on ➕ icon.
☆A dialogue shall appear asking for relevant details as shown below.
☆Enter your account number or IBAN number in the Investment field.
☆ Enter details e.g. Account Type, Bank, Branch in the Contents field and click OK.
☆The entered details will appear under Cash withdrawal section as a child entry as shown below:
☆Enter the “Total Receipt / Value” & “Tax Deducted / Collected” against newly added row.
☆In case you want to delete this row, click on 🗑️ icon.
☆To add multiple rows in this section, click on ➕ icon.
4. In case you want to adjust the tax deducted on following sections:
★For motor vehicle registration fee, enter amount against 64100301,
★For motor vehicle transfer fee, enter amount against 64100302,
★ For motor vehicle sale, enter amount against 64100303,
★ For motor vehicle leasing, enter amount against 64100304 in vehicle dialogue.
☆Click on ➕ icon.
☆A dialogue shall appear asking for vehicle details as shown below:
☆Enter E&TD Registration No. in Vehicle field.
☆Provide further details in Content field and click OK button.
☆The entered details will appear as a child entry as shown below:
☆Enter the “Total Receipt / Value” and “Tax Deducted / Collected” against newly added row.
☆ In case you want to delete this row, click on 🗑️ icon.
☆ To add multiple rows in this section, click on ➕ icon.
5. After you have entered all information, click on Calculate button on the right top corner of the form.
The computations screen displays the calculations of the details that you have fill in the form.
1. Under Tax Chargeable / Payments menu click on Computations. You’ll see the following screen:
2. On this screen you will get all computed details of your income and chargeable tax.
3. Here, you must check Admitted Income Tax, Demanded Income Tax details beside codes 9203, and 9204.
★ If Demanded Income Tax and Admitted Income Tax value is empty then you may proceed to next section “Net Assets”.
★ In case you have a certain amount mentioned in the demanded Income Tax field, then you must pay it & attach relevant CPR.
3-E Net Assets
1. Click Personal Assets / Liabilities / Receipts / Expenses menu to provide information about assets displayed at the left menu of the screen.
2. Click Net Assets option under the Personal Assets / Liabilities / Receipts / Expenses menu. You’ll see the following screen:
3. Enter total amount for previous year net assets under Amount code against 703002.
4. Enter total amount for current year net assets under Amount code against 703001.
5. Enter your total amount of annual Income in the Inflows field against 7049.
6. Enter your total amount of expenditure in the Outflow field against 7099.
7. Click “Calculate” button
8. “Unreconciled Amount” against code 703000 must be ZERO before submission of Income Tax Return.
Step-4 Attach Payment (if required)
Once you have paid the demanded tax charges (if applicable) through either of the options mentioned below;
1. Payment through ADC (Alternative Delivery Channel). For details of this payment option visit this link.
2. Payment through Cash (visit any authorized branch of NBP / SBP).
You can now submit payment details with your Return by following the below mentioned steps:
1. Click on the Payment tab from the top left corner of the form & a screen shall appear as shown below:
2. Click on ➕ icon from the top right corner of the payment grid.
3. A dialogue shall appear asking for payment details as shown below:
4. Enter CPR No. Amount Code or Paid Amount in the field and click on search 🔎 icon.
5. List of details of submitted payment will appear, select relevant payment option by clicking “Select” button under Action column.
6. Click “OK” button to save.
Step-5 Verify Income Tax Return Form
Once you have added & calculated all required fields, you shall now verify your identity.
1. Click on the Verification tab & following screen shall appear:
2. Your name and registration name shall automatically be populated, if not enter accurate details.
3. Enter your 4 digit verification pin that has been given to you at the time of registration & click on “Verify Pin” button.
Step-6 Submit Income Tax Return
Once you are satisfied with your provided details, you can now file your Income Tax Return by clicking on the “Submit” button on the top left corner of the page.
Print Income Tax Return
You may print your Income Tax Return form by clicking on the “Print” button at any stage.
Saving Income Tax Return
If you are not yet ready to submit correspondence, then you may like to save Draft version for later submission. You can do so by clicking on the Save button on the top left corner of the page.
Step-9 Editing / Changing Saved Income Tax Return
In order to view or change Draft income tax return, follow the below mentioned steps:
1. On Iris dashboard, click on Draft folder from the left menu and select Declaration as shown below:
2. A screen shall appear will all the drafted tasks against Declaration. Select relevant 114 (1) (Return of Income for a person deriving income only from salary and other sources where salary is more than 50% of income) form from right grid of the screen, the selected record will be highlighted as shown in the screen:
3. Click on Edit button on the top left corner. The form will appear on screen with previous added details if any.
4. Click relevant tab in which information needs to be edited.
5. Select appropriate option from left menu to make changes into existing Income Tax return.
That’s all about How to Submit Income Tax Return on FBR iris for Government & Private Employees. In case of any query, feel free to comment below or contact us.