Are you looking for Masters or PhD scholarships? Here you can find latest update regarding Common Wealth Scholarships for Masters & PhD for the Year 2020. UK Department for International Development (DFID) funds the scholarships. Commonwealth Masters & PhD scholarships allow talented & motivated individuals to gain advanced knowledge & skills required for sustainable development. Moreover, it aim to facilitate them, who could not otherwise afford their studies in the UK.
Common Wealth Scholarships for Masters & PhD for the Year 2020
Commonwealth Masters & PhD scholarships are for candidates from low & middle income Commonwealth countries. Scholarships offer full time Masters & Doctoral study (PhD) at a UK University. Following are the main objectives of these scholarships;
- Science & technology for development
- Strengthening health systems & capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security & governance
- Strengthening resilience & response to crises
- Access, inclusion & opportunity
What are the Benefits of the Common Wealth Scholarships Program?
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependents, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed).
- Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month or £1,330, for those at universities in London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018/2019 levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Study travel grants towards the cost of study-related travel within UK or Overseas.
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location) where approved.
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed or (intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarships, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork).
- Family allowances as follows:
- Spouse allowance of £233 per month if you and your spouse are living together at the same address in the UK (unless your spouse is also in receipt of a scholarship; other conditions also apply) Child allowance of £233 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your spouse and children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £465 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
The CSC’s family allowances are intended to be only a contribution towards the cost of maintaining your family in the UK. The true costs are likely to be considerably higher, and you must be able to supplement these allowances in order to support any family members who come to the UK with you.
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Common Wealth Scholarships:
The admission is open under Commonwealth scholarship in United Kingdom for 2020. Basic eligibility requirements are as follow:
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Pakistani/AJ&K national & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
- For Master Scholarship, candidate by closing date of application must hold a first class/first division degree complete in all aspects in graduate qualification (16 years degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA etc) in the relevant field of study.
- For PhD scholarship, applicant must hold a first class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (18/17 years MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of applications
- Not have any third division throughout your academic career and maximum of two second divisions are allowed but candidate must not have second division in the terminal/last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate’s field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2019 or candidate not have studied at same level in UK before.
- Be unable to afford the study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship
Duration of the Programme:
The duration of the scholarship program is valid for one year for Master & three years for PhD starting from fall 2020.
How to Apply for HEC Common Wealth Scholarships for Masters & PhD in United Kingdom for the Year 2020?
Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa . After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After that apply online to Commonwealth Scholarship through EAS form for Masters & Doctoral studies (PhD) through Electronic Application System (EAS) at:
- Masters: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/form62/form_login.html
- PhD: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/form60/form_login.html
All the applications for Masters/PhD without submitting both EAS Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case.
- Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after successful submission to relevant portals.
- Hardcopies of HEC application form (alongwith relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for foreign degree, statement of purpose, study/research plan, copies of CNIC, Domicile) & submitted Commonwealth scholarship forms may be kept saved. They will be taken from shortlisted candidates only
Do not send your hard-copies of applications at this stage. Deadline for submission of HEC online application is September 30, 2019.
- HEC may conduct test/interview or both to shortlist candidates.
- Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- HEC endorses equal opportunity, therefore, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of selection criteria, highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan, and relevancy of candidate’s selected field with Pakistan’s future development needs and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- Online portal will be closed after the deadline, therefore, no candidate would be able to apply after the deadline, incomplete applications including HEC and EAS online forms will NOT be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose penalty, as decided by HEC.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to HEC Online system and EAS online application form simultaneously before the deadline of September 30, 2019, as applications submitted after the deadline shall NOT be entertained in any case.
Applicants for applying Commonwealth scholarship are advised to submit their online application on Commonwealth EAS Scholarship Portal first. After submission of EAS form, applicants must also apply on HEC online application portal http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/hec-portal-web/auth/login.jsf.
Please note that if any applicant could not submit online application through both HEC e-portal and CSC EAS portal, applications will not be considered for further processing.
That’s all about HEC Common Wealth Scholarships for Masters & PhD in United Kingdom for the Year 2020. In case of any further query, feel free to comment below or contact us.