English Parts of Speech
In the English language, words can be considered as the smallest elements that have distinctive meanings. Based on their use and functions, words are categorized into several types or parts of speech. This will offer definitions and examples for the 8 major parts of speech in English grammar: noun, pronoun, verb, adverb, adjective, conjunction, preposition, and interjection.
- Noun — Common Noun & Proper Noun — Countable & Uncountable Nouns Verb
- Adjective — Degrees of Adjective
- Adverb — Kinds of Adverb
- Pronoun — Types of Pronoun
- Preposition — Types of Preposition — Prepositional Verb
- Conjunction — Types of Conjunctions