Here you can find latest update regarding HEC Commonwealth Master and PhD Scholarships 2019. HEC has announced Commonwealth Master and PhD scholarships for the year 2019.
The Higher Education Commission invites applications for award of Commonwealth Scholarships Master and PhD tenable in the United Kingdom for the year 2019 from Pakistan and Azad Jammu Kashmir nationals under the Commonwealth Scholarships in the following categories;
- Commonwealth General Scholarships for Master and PhD Programmes
- Commonwealth Scholarships for PhD (Teaching faculty only)
HEC Commonwealth Master and PhD Scholarship 2019
To whom Scholarships is Offered?
Commonwealth Scholarships are for candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, for fulltime Masters & doctoral study (PhD) at a UK University. These scholarships are offered under following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019.
- By October 2019, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, at a UK university before September/October 2019.
- NOT have commenced and be currently registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, in your home country or elsewhere.
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
Complete details of CSC programs, eligibility, Benefits and further classification of themes of study offered for 2019 Commonwealth scholarships is available at this link.
Benefits of the programme / FINANCIAL COVERAGE;
The Scholarship will cover the following:
Duration of the Programme;
The duration of the scholarship program is valid for One year for Master & Three years for PhD starting from Fall 2019.
Deadline to Apply: Deadline to apply for both, HEC and EAS online application portals and to send hard copies of applications along with required documents and original fee receipt is December 12, 2018.